Birthdate: December 20th, 1972
Weight: 275 lbs.
Debut: May 28th, 2000
Background: Sumo wrestling
Promotion History: All Japan (2000) and NOAH (2000 to present)
Alliances: Teams with a variety of wrestlers, including Morishima and Akiyama
Ring Attire: Black short tights
Card Position: Upper Mid-Card
Major Tournaments Won: None
Current Title Held: None
GHC Heavyweight Championship:
Kenta Kobashi on 3/5/05 and lost to Akira Taue on 11/5/05
GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Championship with Takeshi Morishima:
- Defeated Omori and Takayama on 2/17/02 and lost to Akiyama and Saito on 9/23/02
GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Championship with Jun Akiyama:
- Defeated Morishima and Yone on 4/1/07 and Vacated on 9/13/07
GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Championship with Mohammed Yone:
- Defeated Morishima and Sasaki on 12/6/09 and lost to Bison Smith and Walker on 4/14/10
- February 17th, 2002 with Morishima vs. Takao Omori and Takayama (title win)
- September 7th, 2002 with Morishima vs. Mitsuharu Misawa and Sano (title challenge)
- March 5th, 2005 vs. Kenta Kobashi (title win)
- September 18th, 2005 vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (title challenge)
- April 1st, 2007 with Akiyama vs. Takeshi Morishima and Yone (title win)
- December 6th, 2009 with Mohammed Yone vs. Morishima and Sasaki (title win)
- The Muso
- A diving body press by Rikio
- Rikio with a chokeslam
- Akiyama and Rikio with the GHC Tag Team Championships
- Diving Body Press
- Waist-Lift Backdrop Suplex
In 2005, Rikio accomplished the impossible when he ended Kobashi's two year run as the GHC Heavyweight Championship on March 5th. Rikio would successfully defend the championship three times, including a win against Mitsuharu Misawa. Even though Rikio was able to beat both Kobashi and Misawa (no small feat), he would lose the belt to Akira Taue on November 5th. Where Rikio goes from here is unknown, but there is little doubting that he had a great year.
Rikio was not pinned at all during 2006.On March 5th, he defeated Ogawa in short order to show that he was still a dominant force in NOAH. For the July Budokan Show, Rikio teamed with Morishima to take on KENTA and Marufuji, but the match ended in a 30 minute draw. Rikio took part in the Tag Team Championship Tournament in the fall (teaming with Takashi Sugiura), but they lost in the first round to eventual winners Morishima and Yone. Expect for Rikio to get another GHC Heavyweight Title shot sometime in 2007.
In 2007 Rikio regained a title he had last held over four years ago but he also suffered a serious enough injury to force him to miss six months. On April 1st, Rikio teamed with Akiyama to defeat his old partner Morishima and Yone for the GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Championship. They would successfully defend the titles over the next four months against Yoshihiro Takayama and Takashi Sugiura, D-Lo Brown and Buchanan, and Kentaro Shiga and Kishin Kawabata. Unfortunately Rikio was injured in the summer, forcing him to vacate his title and also to miss the remainder of the year.
Rikio continued having some success in 2009 but failed to leave a splash in the singles division. At the beginning of the year he and Yone began teaming using more heelish tactics, giving Rikio more of a personality then he had shown in many years. They teamed together in the G1 Tag League, and even though they did very well they lost the last day of the tournament which prevented them from winning. Rikio got a chance to win the GHC Heavyweight Championship after Akiyama forfeited the title when he took on Go Shiozaki in the Decision Match, but Shiozaki picked up the win. Rikio ended the year on a high note however, as he and Yone defeated Morishima and Sasaki on December 6th to win the GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Championship.
Back to NOAH Roster