Birthdate: December 20th, 1956
Weight: 254 lbs.
Debut: August 26th, 1978
Also: Junji Hirata
Background: Trained in New Japan Dojo
Promotion History: New Japan (1978 to 1986), All Japan (1986 to 1987), and New Japan (1988 to present)
Alliances: Blue Justice Army
Ring Attire: Black singlet with a blue mask
Card Position: Mid-Card
Major Tournaments Won: None
Current Title Held: None
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship with George Takano:
- Defeated Riki Choshu and Saito on 3/16/89 and lost to Choshu and Iizuka on 7/13/89
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship with Hiro Saito:
- Defeated Hase and Sasaki on 12/26/90 and lost to Hase and Sasaki on 3/6/91
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship with Shinya Hashimoto:
- Defeated Norton and Mike Enos on 7/13/95 and lost to Yamazaki and Iizuka on 6/12/96
All Asia Tag Team Championship with Ashura Hara:
- Defeated Mighty Inoue and Takashi Ishikawa on 10/30/86 and Vacated in 1987
- November 18th, 1983 vs. The Cobra (title win)
- October 30th, 1986 with Ashura Hara vs. Mighty Inoue and Ishikawa (title win)
- March 16th, 1989 with Takano vs. Riki Choshu and Masa Saito (title win)
- July 13th, 1995 with Shinya Hashimoto vs. Scott Norton and Mike Enos (title win)
- December 14th, 2000 with Sasaki vs. Masahiro Chono and T2000 Machine
- Black Strong Machine wants YOU!
- Machine with the Devil Windmill Suplex to Ishii
- A lariat by Strong Machine
- Strong Machine with a side headlock
- A lariat by Strong Machine in the corner
- Diving Headbutt
Hirata had a quiet first half of 2005, assuming the role of mentor for the younger wrestlers in the form of tag matches and openers. Once Choshu took over in the fall of 2005, he and Hirata clashed, as Hirata was "relieved" of his backstage duties. The angered Hirata returned as Black Strong Machine, and their difficulties have yet to be resolved.
For all of 2006 Black Strong Machine continued feuding with New Japan Sekigun and Riki Choshu in particular, with varied amounts of success. In the first round of the New Japan Cup, Strong Machine lost to his rival Choshu. Strong Machine was not in the G1 Climax or the G1 Tag League, as he was mostly a support player for Black New Japan.
Strong Machine stayed in the mentoring role in New Japan in 2007, mostly wrestling in tag matches in the middle of the card with his BLACK team mates against New Japan. In the fall he joined the new Legend-gun faction, but New Japan remained his primary feud. He did not participate in any of the tournaments, but he did pick up several key wins in tag matches and he remained one of the more difficult veterans to score a pinfall victory on.
Strong Machine's workload decreased in 2008 as he focused on his behind the scenes work. Strong Machine was one of the lower ranking Legends (along with AKIRA) and tended to get pinned more then Koshinaka, Choshu, Chono, or Liger. He wrestled mostly on the first half of the card, helping mentor the younger wrestlers.
Strong Machine stayed active in 2009, but mostly wrestled in the mid-card at first with his Legend team mates and later with the Blue Justice Army. On March 6th, Super Strong Machine had his 25th Anniversary Match, teaming with Riki Choshu and Hiro Saito to defeat Shiro Koshinaka, Akira Nogami, and Masashi Aoyagi. In one of his few single matches of the year, on October 24th he lost to TAJIRI.
Back to New Japan Roster