Birthdate: February 23rd, 1976
Weight: 220 lbs.
Debut: August 15th, 1995
Promotion History: Fujiwaragumi (1995 to 1996), BattlArts (1996 to 2001), and NOAH (2003 to present)
Alliances: Teams with Morishima
Ring Attire: Orange/Yellow pants
Card Position: Mid-Card/Upper Mid-Card
Major Tournaments Won: None
Current Championship Held: None
GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Championship with Takeshi Morishima:
- Defeated Marufuji and Suzuki on 10/28/05 and lost to Honda and Kobashi on 6/4/06
- Defeated Sano and Takayama on 12/2/06 and lost to Akiyama and Rikio on 4/1/07
GHC Hardcore Openweight Championship with Takeshi Rikio:
- Defeated Morishima and Sasaki on 12/6/09 and lost to Bison Smith and Walker on 4/14/10
- March 12th, 1999 with Otsuka vs. Ishikawa and Carl Greco (tournament win)
- January 25th, 2000 with Daisuke Ikeda vs. Yuki Ishikawa and Alexander Otsuka
- March 5th, 2005 vs. Naomichi Marufuji (title win)
- October 28th, 2005 with Morishima vs. Minoru Suzuki and Marufuji (title win)
- December 2nd, 2006 with Morishima vs. Takayama and Sano (tournament and title win)
- Yone with a Muscle Buster in the ring
- And a Muscle Buster outside of it
- A high kick by Yone
- Another high kick by Yone
- Guillotine Leg Drop
- High Speed Leg Drop
- Kick Combination
- Muscle Buster
- Rolling Thunder
Finally coming into his own in NOAH, Yone had a very successful year as he climbed up the ladder. First, he won the GHC Hardcore Openweight Championship from Marufuji on March 5th. He held the title until October 22nd, when he would lose it to Scorpio. He did not worry about the loss for long though, as on October 28th he would team with Morishima and win the GHC Tag Team Championship from Suzuki and Marufuji. Add in that Yone picked up the pinfall at the big Tokyo Dome Show, and it would be hard to find anyone else that had a better year in NOAH.
After starting 2006 in Japan, Yone would leave for Europe in the spring to take on new challenges. Once he returned, on June 4th he and Morishima would lose their GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Championship to Kobashi and Honda. They would win the title right back on December 2nd, however, after Kobashi and Honda had to vacate the titles. Besides dominating the tag team division, Yone also was an important part of SEM as he helped the new dojo class gain valuable experience.
Yone entered the year one of the GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Champions with Morishima, but they would lose the titles on March 1st to Jun Akiyama and Takeshi Rikio. He also lost to Akiyama in a sprint on March 4th. Yone kept a low profile on Budokan events but he did team with Morishima for much of the year picking up a number of wins against the mid-card.
With his new friend Takeshi Rikio, Yone became a serious force in the tag team division in 2009 as he took a more heelish approach to wrestling. In the Global Tag League, Yone teamed with Rikio and the pair came in a massive tie for 2nd place, losing on the last day to prevent them from winning the tournament. On December 6th, Yone teamed with Rikio and they defeated Morishima and Sasaki for the GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Championship, with Yone pinning Morishima to win the title for the third time.
Back to NOAH Roster